| Cortijo la Venta

Cortijo la Venta

''Great Andalusian house in a protected Nature Reserve''


Cortijo la Venta is said to be one of the most ancient houses in this area, on the coast, at about 10 km east of Nerja. Its name suggests that it might have been an inn, in the times when a path just under the house, now disabled, was the main route along the shore, some centuries ago. One can imagine travelers and horse riders having a one or two nights rest in their big journey to Granada, Sevilla or Africa. Actually this route might have seen Hannibal passing during his conquest from Africa to Rome, together with his 40000 men army and 38 elephants!

Cortijo La Venta was recently restored by an amateur with a passionate love for this region. The large nine room house has been fully equipped to satisfy the requirements of visitors today, while the solemn and impressive original style has been faithfully respected. With a personal touch, too: one can see the original rocks preserved in some rooms, giving to the whole house a unique and inimitable atmosphere.

Cortijo La Venta offers the chance to discover and explore this amazing region, in the middle of a gorgeous Reserve rich in nature, history and culture as well as fascinating landscapes, while staying in an ultimately restful and intimate place.

Tourist licence: CR/MA/01226

- 9 rooms; inside surface approx. 125 m2
- 3 bedrooms (1 double and 4 single beds) + 4 extra foldable beds available = 6 to 10 people
- 1 large living room, 1 kitchen, 3 bathrooms with toilet and shower
- wifi-internet (normal use), included in the price
- washing machine, dish-washer, large refrigerator, oven, hotplates, etc.
- 2 large terraces, gardens, barbecue, garden furniture

  • ceramic hotplates
  • coffee machine
  • cot/high chair on demand
  • dishwasher
  • fan(s)
  • hair dryer
  • heating device(s)
  • hotplates
  • internet / WiFi
  • ironing board
  • kettle
  • microwave
  • orange squeezer
  • oven
  • refrigerator with freezer
  • toaster
  • washing machine

  • deck chairs
  • easy parking
  • garden
  • garden furniture
  • mountain views
  • open terrace
  • private grounds
  • private terrace
  • sea views


From To Per day ( € )
03 Jan 31 Mar 61.00
01 Apr 31 May 74.00
01 Jun 30 Jun 93.00
01 Jul 31 Jul 105.00
01 Aug 31 Aug 128.00
01 Sep 30 Sep 93.00
01 Oct 31 Oct 74.00
01 Nov 22 Dec 61.00
23 Dec 02 Jan 74.00


Rental details & Conditions

- Rentals all weekdays - minimum 4 days
- More than 6 guests: 7.00 Euro per day per extra person
- 20% on booking, remaining 80% two weeks before arrival
- * covers also the weeks including Christmas or New Year
- Cleaning and linen change before arrival and after departure included on all rentals
- Linen, bath and kitchen towels provided on all rentals
- Well trained pets allowed



Cortijo la Venta was refurbished in accordance with the original structure of the building, where rooms communicated with each other only from the terrace.


Reviews (33)
   Frances (UK 15):
 "we really had a wonderful time. ..." 
   Anne en Jos (NL 15):
 "We have had enormous pleasure to be at La Venta !! ..." 
   Ghjiseppu (FR 16):
 "ll perfect, we'll be back! ..." 
   Anne & Jos (NE 15):
 "the house is picobello again and feels home...." 
   Anne en Jos (NL 15):
 "We tell enthusiastically about our stay there ..." 
   Frances (UK 15):
 "we would definitely recommend the house and Aquavia..." 
   Lionel (FR 14):
 "Our July stay went again wonderfully. ..." 
   José (FR 15):
 "It is original as we like, we know we will be back next year;-) ..." 
   Frankie (UK 14):
 "We've had a fab time thank you very much...." 
   Tina (DE 14 ):
 "Thank you very much for the organization. ..."